December 22 Reverb Broads
If someone made a board game of your life, what would it look like? What pieces would you need to play?
Jessica at http://profbanks.com/
My original thought is that my game would likely be a card game, rather than a board game. If for no other reason than I would rather play cards that play
My board game would be something like this.
For up to four (4) players or teams, ages 5 and up
Each player takes turns selecting tiles from a bag (think Scrabble tiles) until the tiles are gone.
The timer would start and each player would have approximately one (1) minute to put as many tiles as possible into their frame using the following rules:
- Each tile must touch the frame
- Each tile must be either the same shape or same color as the tile next to it (think Uno rules)
- Tiles may not over lap
- Tiles may not extend past the border of the frame
- Players may shift tiles within the frame or remove tiles from the frame at any time
Once the time is up, the player who has placed the most tiles in the frame wins that round.
Why this game?
- Primary colors: I tend to see the big picture first, the into the subtleties
- Polygons: Straight lines are pretty
- Rules: As a Myers-Briggs INTJ, I love (love) rules, but I want them to be flexible enough that I can "game" the system
- Time Limit: I like knowing when I'm done, even if it is an arbitrary deadline
- Clear winner: I like to know how to win the game
I have to admit I'm surprised that it's not a card game or a word game.
Post a Comment